Korax Solves The EIFS Problem
Typically, EIFS is applied on sheathing as a face-sealed, soft coat finish and when it works all incidental rain-water is prevented from penetrating into the wall assemblage. However, when there are imperfections or defects in the EIFS water is able to penetrate the surface and, since traditional EIFS systems possess little ability for storing the moisture, the relative humidity quickly reaches saturation which can then penetrate into the wall system causing damage. In any case, defects eventually develop at door and window openings, leading to trapped moisture, deformation of the main structural elements deflection of beams, and thermal moments.
» ... MORE
Effective Protection For Exterior Walls
The Stucco RainScreen Panel™ System will convince you that the problem of incorporating an effective rain screen or stucco system into EIFS (Externally Insulating Finishing System) has been solved. This easy-to-install panel creates a vented, drained cavity that allows air circulation and pressure equalization for effective moisture management in EIFS wall systems – and it does it economically.
The Hows and Whys of the Stucco RainScreen Panel™ System
- The Stucco RainScreen Panel™ System is made of polystyrene board with vertical and horizontal grooves in the back that create a cavity. The panel is easily attached by mechanical fasteners to the wall.
- The vertical channels in the panel create cavities 10mm deep and 60mm wide that lead water to flashing and weep holes at the bottom and vent holes at the top of the wall section also allowing air circulation.
- The vertical ribs are interrupted by horizontal channels, creating nodes which slope back towards the panel, providing positive drainage away from the building.
Which Wall Systems?
1. Wood or steel stud walls with stucco finish
2. Walls with EIFS
3. Rubble masonry finish
4. Wood or steel stud walls with metal or vinyl siding
5. Basement walls
Stucco RainScreen Panel™ System is a trademark of Korax Technologies Inc.
Stucco RainScreen Panel™ System Canadian patent pending #2249509 l US patent# 6298620